Paul Mischel – Experienced NLP and Hypnosis Practitioner
or Call 03 9557 9113
Paul is currently available on Mondays and Fridays between 9am and 1pm please call 9557 9113 to schedule a booking with Paul.
I have over 26 years of experience in the natural health industry of which I’ve been a Clinical Hypnotherapist for 20 of those years and an NLP Trainer for 11 years.
I work in a diverse range of environments from private consulting suites, hospital wards, emergency rooms, operating theatres, chemotherapy wards as well as corporate environments of ASX 20 and fortune 500 companies.
I am often referred to as the “Therapist’s Therapist”, as I often work with other health practitioners on their own personal issues. I have a strong referral network amongst Doctors, Surgeons, Acupuncturists, Physiotherapists, Chiropractors, Osteopaths and Dentists, who refer their patients to me for additional support.
As a trainer of Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) and Hypnosis, I have trained hundreds of health practitioners and in excess of 10,000 people from all over the country in these powerful processes. In 2018, I was the closing Keynote Speaker at the International Integrative Chinese Medicine Conference, where I delivered my speech on “The Unconscious Hypnotist: Hypnotic Language In The Clinical Environment” to 250 Acupuncturists from Australia, New Zealand, US, Canada and Ireland.
My approach is solution oriented, customised, pragmatic and future focused. I will often work with clients in a content free manner. Working content free, allows clients the freedom to explore their issues in a safe, supportive and non-judgemental manner. This powerful and gentle process releases the client from having to disclose the nature of their particular issue to me or anyone else. Content free work is quite a unique experience and one that is very freeing for clients who want to move beyond their current concerns, but are afraid of sharing the nature of their issue with others for fear of being judged or revealing their vulnerability to others.
Successful use of Hypnosis
I have successfully used hypnosis across a broad range of issues including but not limited to:
• Addictive behaviours
• Allergies to food, Pollen and Dust
• Bed wetting
• Behavioural change and establishing positive habits and mindsets.
• Binge eating
• Body dysmorphia
• Breathing difficulties
• Cancer patient support
• Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy support
• Chronic and complex pain disorders
• Conflict management
• Crohn’s disease
• Dental surgery support
• Emotional self management and self expression
• Erectile dysfunction
• Fear of flying
• Fertility and IVF support
• Food intolerances
• Gastrointestinal issues
• Goal setting
• Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
• Pain management
• Peripheral neuropathy
• Pre and Post natal support
• Pre- and Post surgical preparation and support
• Premature ejaculation
• Relationships difficulties
• Self esteem and confidence issues
• Self hypnosis
• Sexual dysfunction
• Self recrimination and regret
• Shy Bladder
• Stress management
• Smoking cessation
• Sports performance
• Trichotillomania (Hair pulling)
• Weight management
What is Hypnotherapy?
Hypnotherapy is a client centred, safe, gentle, highly effective and brief form of psychotherapy. It has been used for hundreds of years for numerous conditions and has an increasing body of scientific research to support its use.
In essence, Hypnotherapy is the use of Hypnosis for therapeutic purposes. During hypnosis your attention shifts focus and you are able to tap into existing skills and capabilities thereby producing therapeutic phenomena that you previously weren’t able to access using just your conscious attention. I view hypnosis as a skillset that anyone can learn and apply for themselves.
What can you expect in an initial hypnotherapy session with me?
During a typical session, I will do a comprehensive case history from you and learn about you and your current circumstances. I will then teach you about what hypnosis is and isn’t. We will also run through some fun and enjoyable activities that will demonstrate to you how your mind works and hypnosis is a skill you already possess. During the session, you will learn how to use your mind and your hypnotic skills to enhance your life experiences.
The experience is fun, enjoyable, highly educational and is one of the most relaxing experiences you can engage in. Many clients comment on how relaxing and blissful their hypnotic experiences are and often express disappointment that the session has to come to an end!
How is my approach different?
I customise every hypnotherapy session for my clients.
Unlike the vast majority of Hypnotherapists or Scriptno-therapists as I call them; I do not use any pre-written scripts. Many Scriptno-therapists are trained to read a prepared generic script to their clients once their eyes are closed. In my opinion this is no better than listening to a pre-recorded audio read out by a narrator. It does not address the root cause of the issue and is not hypnosis but a type of guided meditation.
Every consultation with me is tailored and customised to your unique needs. This ensures you get the most appropriate suggestions for you and the root cause of the issue is addressed. This tailored approach dramatically increases the likelihood of you achieving a successful outcome in the shortest possible time, thereby saving you time and money.
My qualifications include:
• Genius Mapping practitioner – Knowledge Engineering 2.0, Mastery Insight Institute, 2018
• Diploma of Clinical Hypnosis, Australian Academy of Hypnosis – 2017
• Certificate IV Business and Personal Coaching, Fire Up Coaching – 2010
• Trainer of Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP), Leadervision – 2007
• Master Practitioner of NLP, Developing Magic – 2006
• Practitioner of NLP, Developing Magic – 2005
• Certificate IV Health Science, Victoria University – 2003
• Certificate III Health Science, Victoria University – 2002
• Post Graduate Diploma Psychotherapy and Clinical Counselling, AHTC – 2001
• Certified Ideo-Ego Dynamics, AHTC 2001
• Diploma of Clinical Hypnotherapy, Academy of Hypnotic Science – 1998
• Diploma of Remedial Therapies, Academy of Natural Therapies – 1993
• Diploma of Swedish Massage, Academy of Natural Therapies – 1992
Some of my accreditations include:
• The Simpson Protocol, Ines Simpson, 2018
• Climate Change for Teams Assessment Accreditation, Previso – 2016
• Language in Action 6 Day Residential Training, NLP Connection / Christina Hall – 2016
• 5 Days to Everlasting Change: Advanced Ericksonian Hypnotherapy, Inspiritive – 2016
• LSI / GSI Practitioner, Human Synergistics – 2016
• Team Management Profile and QO2 Assessment, Team Management Systems – 2014
• Mastering Communication Program (Presentation / Facilitation Skills), The Colin James Method – 2014
• Herrmann Brain Dominance Instrument Practitioner, Herrmann International – 2012
• Genos Emotional Intelligence Multi-Rater Assessment and facilitation skills, Genos International – 2011
• Genos Employee Motivation Assessment, Genos International – 2011
• Accredited Trainer Think On Your Feet®, Everett International – 2011
If you would like to book an appointment, call 9557 9113 to schedule an initial session.
Reception phone hours
8:30am – 5:30am
Monday – Friday
(closed on public holidays)
Choose your own date and time for an online session
- Monday 8:00am to 8:00pm
- Tuesday 8:30am to 8:00pm
- Wednesday 8:30am to 8:00pm
- Thursday 8:30am to 8:00pm
- Friday 8:30am to 8:00pm
- Saturday 8:00am to 6:00pm