or Call 03 9557 9113
Booking Terms and Conditions
Your use of our site or reception service to make an online therapy booking signifies your agreement to the following terms and conditions which supersede any other terms and conditions which may be inconsistent with these terms and conditions:-
1. In making a booking you will be either a patient or authorised by the patient to make a booking on the patient’s behalf.
2. You have made adequate enquiries to ensure that you make a booking with an appropriate therapist so that if you are seeking to make a hypnotherapy appointment, you will book in with a hypnotherapist but if you are seeking to make a booking for a child or an adolescent, you will do so with an appropriate therapist. If the person making the booking is not clear as to which therapist to consult with or which treatment is most appropriate, then you should contact us by telephone or email to discuss the issue.
3. Session fees are payable in full in advance at the time upon which a booking is made and will be non-refundable for any reason whatsoever. Rescheduling of the appointment is possible as long as the request to do so is made with at least 3 full business days notice before the original booking date.
4. The person making the booking must be the authorised credit card holder who will be making the booking online.
5. For hypnotherapy bookings, depending on your circumstances and the therapist, hypnotic trance inductions may not be attempted in the initial session; we have a duty of care to you and believe in thoroughness in order to achieve results.
Bayside Psychotherapy will try to protect your privacy in accordance with the Privacy Laws of Australia. However, Bayside Psychotherapy does not guarantee the integrity of email, Zoom, Doxy, Skype, nor of any other online medium in which communications take place between Bayside Psychotherapy and you. Accordingly Bayside Psychotherapy will not accept responsibility for any breach of your privacy due to matters beyond Bayside Psychotherapy’s reasonable control arising out of or connected directly or indirectly with Skype, Zoom, Doxy or any other online medium in which communications take place between Bayside Psychotherapy and you. Your personal information and privacy is of very high importance to us. You may use our blog anonymously, however when referring friends, submitting a contact form request or making a booking, we may request and store particulars of personal identifying information in order to fulfill a request of yours. We will not rent, sell, trade or deliberately reveal your personal information to any third party without your prior consent unless otherwise required by law. However, if we come to suspect a contact form submission or booking was fraudulent (for example misusing someone’s data with our platform without their knowledge or consent), we may reveal data such the originating IP address and anything else submitted which may uncover the party responsible for abusing our resources and misusing someone else’s identity.
Consent for a psychological telehealth service/online therapy
As part of providing a psychological service to you, Bayside Psychotherapy needs to collect and record personal information from you that is relevant to your situation, such as your name, contact information, medical history and other relevant information as part of providing psychological services to you. This collection of personal information will be a necessary part of the psychological assessment and treatment that is conducted.
Disclosure of personal information
Personal information gathered as part of this service will remain confidential except when:
1. it is subpoenaed by a court; or
2. failure to disclose the information would place you or another person at serious risk to life, health or safety; or
3. your prior approval has been obtained to
a) provide a written report to another professional or agency. e.g., a GP or a lawyer; or
b) discuss the material with another person, eg. a parent, employer or health provider; or
c) disclose the information in another way; or
4. you would reasonably expect your personal information to be disclosed to another professional or agency (e.g. your GP) and disclosure of your personal information to that third party is for a purpose which is directly related to the primary purpose for which your personal information was collected; or
5. disclosure is otherwise required or authorised by law.
Provision of a telehealth service/online therapy
You are responsible for the costs associated with setting up the technology needed from your end so you can access telehealth services. Bayside Psychotherapy will be responsible for the cost of the call to you and the cost associated with the platform used to conduct telehealth services.
To access telehealth consultations you will need access to a quiet, private space with appropriate boundaries created around that space ensuring privacy; and the appropriate device, i.e. smartphone, laptop, iPad, computer, with a camera, microphone and speakers; and a reliable broadband internet connection.
Limitations of telehealth
A telehealth consultation may be subject to limitations such as an unstable network connection, outages or similar, which may affect the quality of the therapy session. Bayside Psychotherapy will not accept responsibility for quality or performance issues associated with internet connectivity or the telehealth software platform. Your therapist will call you on the phone number you supply in advance of the session to complete the session by telephone in the event telehealth call quality suffers significantly enough during the session.
In addition, there may be some services for which telehealth is not appropriate or effective (such as for example group therapy). Your therapist will consider and discuss with you the appropriateness of ongoing telehealth sessions during the initial telehealth session. Furthermore, the privacy of any form of communication via the internet is potentially vulnerable and limited by the security of the technology used. Bayside Psychotherapy will not accept responsibility for breach of security or privacy arising from communication via the internet.
These Terms and Conditions (Terms and Conditions) apply to every person who uses our information, documents, software, and any other products and/or services that we provide, together referred to as (Services). By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, “Us”, “Our” and “We” refers to Bayside Psychotherapy and “You” and “Your” refers to you, the client, visitor, website user or person using our website.
If you continue to browse and use this Site you acknowledge and agree that you have had sufficient chance to read and understand the Terms and you agree to be bound by them. If you do not agree to the Terms, please do not use the Site.
The information contained in this website is intended fot informative use only. Any reliance you place on the information contained in our website is at your own risk. Before acting on any information, we recommend that you consider whether it is appropriate for your circumstances and make your own enquires to determine if the information, products or services are appropriate for your intended use.
Your treatment is a priority for us and we take it (and the time we put aside) seriously. For bookings of any of our services, we set time aside especially for you and as such we make a commitment to being available for you. No shows and cancellations without plenty of notice disadvantage our therapist’s time (and the time of other patients who may have wanted the time-slot), and generally undermine the treatment effectiveness. Bookings are payable in advance and are non refundable. Sessions can be rescheduled with at least 3 business days notice. Of course, we appreciate exceptional circumstances may arise, but these can only be considered on a case by case basis through a direct discussion with your therapist by phone or during the next online therapy session.
Our standard fees are also published on our FAQs page. Any variance is negotiated on a case by case basis commensurate with your individual circumstances, session frequency required and demonstrated commitment to the treatment.
Reception phone hours
8:30am – 5:30am
Monday – Friday
(closed on public holidays)
Choose your own date and time for an online session
- Monday 8:00am to 8:00pm
- Tuesday 8:30am to 8:00pm
- Wednesday 8:30am to 8:00pm
- Thursday 8:30am to 8:00pm
- Friday 8:30am to 8:00pm
- Saturday 8:00am to 6:00pm