Currently available Saturdays 8am-3pm and Wednesdays 11am-6pm online and Face-to-Face. Mondays and Tuesdays 9:30am-2:30pm.
One of my favourite feelings in the world is the feeling I get from helping people. Hence, the reason for my profession.
If you are struggling with issues such as anxiety, depression, self doubt, a racing mind, please know that you are not alone. I’ve been there. I suffered severe anxiety, panic attacks and depression for half of my life. Thankfully, I am now in a much lighter place. So believe me, if I can get better and actually enjoy life rather than survive it, you can too!
As your Counsellor and Clinical Hypnotherapist, I aim to:
1) Be a safe space where you can feel understood, respected and validated.
2) Be a sharp detective and: a) find the beliefs and programs that are not serving you and help you change them.
b) find the strengths, qualities and resources which you already possess but perhaps have forgotten or aren’t aware of.
3) Empower you, so that when our work together is done you walk away with a positive sense of self and a handful of tools for living a happier, calmer, more fulfilling life.
What is Hypnotherapy?
Hypnotherapy is a treatment where the client is induced into a trance (otherwise known as hypnosis), through deep relaxation, focused attention, or both, to treat a variety of conditions. We all go in and out of trance/hypnosis several times a day. Ever read a book, watched a movie or got so focused on something that you lost track of time, surroundings, even bodily sensations? Maybe you even had a headache and forgot all about it? That’s an everyday trance!
How does it work?
Being in hypnosis helps the client bypass the conscious mind. This enables direct communication with the subconscious mind. When this happens:
• new skills can be learnt quicker and with less effort
• troublesome events or personal problems can be reframed easier
• trauma can be processed and transferred quickly through the limbic system to the long-term memory part of the brain, thereby calming the nervous system
• destructive beliefs and programs can be changed to constructive and helpful ones
• the creativity and wisdom of the subconscious mind brings about solutions and “aha” moments that could not be conceived consciously
• new neural pathways are created
It’s well known that most elite athletes use hypnosis to enhance their performance. What is not so well known, is that just as physical skills can be learnt quicker and more effortlessly through hypnosis, so can mental and emotional skills.
Through science we now know that you have the capacity to potentially rewire your brain and change old habitual ways of thinking, behaving and feeling. This re-wiring can be done through practice and repetition, or through hypnosis which is quicker and therefore takes less effort.
I have worked with adolescents and adults from all walks of life with issues such as:
- anger management
- binge drinking
- body dysmorphia
- compulsive lying
- difficulty making decisions
- erectile dysfunction
- fear of birds
- fear of flying
- fear of needles
- fear of public speaking
- frequent urination
- gambling addiction
- hair pulling (trichotillomania)
- intrusive/obsessive/ racing thoughts
- lack of motivation
- nail biting
- pain management
- panic attacks
- porn addiction
- retroactive jealousy
- self-doubt / low self confidence
- sleep issues
- shy bladder syndrome
- sports performance enhancement
- smoking cessation
- unwanted sexual fetishes
- Teeth grinding (Bruxism)
- weight loss
- Fear of failure
Along with Hypnotherapy, I integrate a variety of modalities such as:
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Neuro – Linguistic Programming
- Resource Therapy
- Parts Therapy
- Stillness Meditation
- Diploma of Counselling 2021 – Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors
- Certificate in Conversational Reframing 2019 – Uncommon Knowledge – Uncommon U Online Training
- Certificate IV in Hypnotherapy 2016 – Academy of Hypnotic Science
- Certificate in Clinical Hypnosis 2015 – London College of Clinical Hypnosis Asia
- I am a member of the Australian Association of Clinical Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy (AACHP).
No Medicare rebates are available. If claiming private health is a factor please enquire with me before making a booking.
If you feel like I could help you and would like to book an appointment, call 9557 9113 to schedule an initial session or book online.
Reception Phone Hours
- – Monday 8:30am to 5:30pm
- – Tuesday 8:30am to 5:30pm
- – Wednesday 8:30am to 5:30pm
- – Thursday 8:30am to 5:30pm
- – Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm
Closed on public holidays
Choose your own date and time for an online or in-clinic session
- – Monday 8:00am to 8:00pm
- – Tuesday 8:30am to 8:00pm
- – Wednesday 8:30am to 8:00pm
- – Thursday 8:30am to 8:00pm
- – Friday 8:30am to 8:00pm
- – Saturday 8:00am to 6:00pm
Closed on public holidays