We receive occasional media requests from time to time and use best endeavours to be picky about who we work with. For instance if we sense that a story is intended more for entertainment, sensationalism or commercial purposes rather than benefiting the public in some way, we decline.
We have however accepted some media requests which we hope provide some public interest and especially help raise public awareness regarding the benefits of engaging in depth psychotherapy, counselling or even hypnotherapy (depending on the particularity of the circumstances).
Here’s a sample of more recent activity of Bayside Psychotherapy in the mainstream media:
1. Compulsive shopping TV interview with the ABC, although heavily edited, it shows a basic introduction to the addiction.
2. Compulsive lying interview on Fairfax Media’s 4BC radio with Clare Blake and Psychotherapist, Adam Szmerling 13th February 2015 at 2pm:
3. Emetophobia or Fear of Vomiting story published on Channel Ten’s The Project interviewed counsellor and hypnotherapist John Arber (unfortunately, large portions of the original transcript were edited) on 11th February 2015. For reasons that aren’t apparent, the network removed the story from their website.
4. A binge drinking awareness piece was writtern by Adam Szmerling and published in On Line Opinion on 23rd August 2013:
You can view the story and add any comments by clicking here.
5. Sex addiction story published on the News Corp Australia network website, Psychotherapist Adam Szmerling was quoted on March 2nd 2011:
Original story can be sourced here.
For any media enquiries please contact us.
Reception phone hours
8:30am – 5:30am
Monday – Friday
(closed on public holidays)
Choose your own date and time for an online session
- Monday 8:00am to 8:00pm
- Tuesday 8:30am to 8:00pm
- Wednesday 8:30am to 8:00pm
- Thursday 8:30am to 8:00pm
- Friday 8:30am to 8:00pm
- Saturday 8:00am to 6:00pm